- The Conditions of Transport are an integral part of the Contract of Transport. They apply to the transport or carriage of persons and property as well as to behavior in the railway sector.
- The fulfillment of the Contract of Transport and thus the effectiveness of the present Conditions of Transport, commence on departures and arrivals at the stations dedicated to cable car operation.
- With the purchase of the ticket, the passenger recognizes the following provisions, and agrees to comply with them.
- A breach of the Conditions of Transport may lead to legal consequences.
- The cableway operator is obliged to transport in accordance with the timetable if
(A) The applicable legislation and conditions of transport as well as the arrangements made by the cable car operator in the interest of safety and order;
(B) The transport is not stopped or canceled by circumstances which do not hinder the cable car from operating.
- Drunk persons and persons who do not comply with the provisions of these Conditions of Transport, or the instructions given by the cable car operator in order to ensure safety and order, or who are obviously not capable of doing so due to their particular physical or mental condition, shall be excluded from carriage.
Passengers must have a valid ticket. This is in principle non-transferable, exceptions are determined by the rate. The period of validity is shown on the ticket, or is listed in the rate.
- The ticket must be presented on request for inspection or evaluation. If the ticket is in a state where its validity can no longer be ascertained, a new ticket must be issued.
- A passenger who is found after riding without a valid ticket shall pay the additional transport charge set out in the rate regulations, without prejudice to possible criminal prosecution, in addition to the fare to be paid for the journey. The entry and exit of the control zone or the railway system is considered to be a trip.
- In the case of attempted or unsuccessful use of a ticket, without prejudice to possible criminal prosecution, the ticket shall be canceled without compensation and the additional transport rate stipulated in the rate regulations shall be collected.
- If the passenger refuses the immediate payment of the fare or of the additional transport charge, the employees of the cableway operator shall be entitled to demand the ticket, and to exclude him from the journey.
- No replacement shall be guaranteed for lost tickets.
- If the transport is not available for reasons which the cableway company is responsible for or does not comply with point 5b), the ticket will be refunded in the case of individual tickets, in whole or in part. The extent of the refund is determined by the rate.
- If the transport is not carried out for reasons for which the passenger is responsible, there is no entitlement to a refund of the fare, with the exception of non-use after winter sports accidents.
- Behavior of passengers before, during and after transport:
(A) Passengers shall behave in such a way as not to jeopardize the safety of the cableway and other passengers, as well as to disrupt the organization and operation.
(B) Passengers shall only enter the railway installations and rooms in the stations which are open to the general public or passengers.
(C) After the station doors have been opened, the passengers must enter the cable cars as soon as possible. The car door area is then to be left free.
(D) The doors of the cars automatically close and open. Prevention or impairment of the closing and opening process is prohibited. People who wish to help with getting in and out of the car will have to inform the station attendant.
(E) Smoking is prohibited in the stations and during the journey.
(F) If the cable car is stopped during the journey, the passengers must remain calm and wait for the arrangements for the cable car services.
(G) It is forbidden to ride outside the car, or throw objects while moving.
(H) After completion of the journey, please leave the platform in the indicated direction.
(I) Restrictions, warnings and instructions which are authoritative for passengers of the cable car, indicated by symbols, must be strictly observed.
- Transporting children
(A) Children with a height of less than 1.10 m may be carried only accompanied by a suitable person.
(B) An accompanying person is regarded as a suitable person, in particular if it is regarded as adult in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement and appears to be in a position to provide assistance where necessary.
- The passenger shall be allowed to carry easily portable, non-bulky objects up to the total weight of 10 kg and a winter sports equipment in accordance with the space conditions given in the driving mode.
- Persons who damage or dirty installations, driving gear or other equipment of the cable car shall pay the repair or cleaning costs.
- Animals shall be accepted for transport, if the transport of such does not adversely effect safe operation, and any passengers who are traveling with it do not raise any objection. The owner must keep the animal safe during transport.
- Goods are accepted only by separate agreement.
- Travel baggage is not accepted for carriage or storage.
- Transport of goods:
Goods shall only be accepted for transport by agreement. The transport of goods can be refused if the facility or operating conditions do not permit transport, or if the transport could jeopardize the safe existence and operation of the cable car.
The following are excluded from transport:
(A) Goods which require special equipment to be loaded;
(B) Goods which are likely to cause contamination or damage to the wagon at the discretion of the cable car operator.
(C) Objects which are not suitable for their size, weight or condition.
(D) Goods the carriage of which is prohibited under the applicable legislation.
(E) Goods covered by the Federal Act on the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road (GGST), BGBL. 1979/209 i.d.g. will be accepted as dangerous goods, provided that the weight and space conditions permit this to be accepted only to the quantitative limits and to the provisions on carriage, such as the one laid down in Regulation BMoWuV of 7. 5. 1987 (Kleinmengenverordnung) BGBl. 1987/220 i.dg.F. Approved.
- The loading and unloading of the goods shall always be carried out by the consignor or by the consignee, observing and following the instructions of the management and their staff.
- The date of the transport is determined by the cableway company at its sole discretion. The transport shall only be initiated if, according to the instructions of the destination station, an immediate unloading by the recipient is provided accordingly.
The consignments must be accepted by the consignee immediately upon arrival at the destination station. No special notification of the arrival of the consignment will take place. The goods are accepted or unloaded by the recipient (see section 23)
- The goods to be transported are entered in a freight book.
- The freight must be calculated according to the rate and paid by the task (exceptions by agreement).
Pfaenderbahn AG Bregenz
authorised 11th May 1995 by BMöWuV
Zl.: 236 006/2-II/3-1995.